Trademarks, patents, innovations and copyrights are essential elements of company’s assets. We have in the Law Firm a team of lawyers specialising in this area and advising clients on the protection of intellectual rights and industrial property.
We advise the Polish and international companies how to protect utility models, know-how, trade secrets and copyrights. We counsel on property rights related to technology and intellectual property rights and their transfer onto other entities – also in case of corporate transactions, divisions, mergers and acquisitions.
Our practise is to provide such services as representation in proceedings before the Patent Office and competent courts in respect of trademarks, service marks, industrial designs and patents.
We represent companies also in negotiations and litigations related to infringement of intellectual and industrial property.
In particular, we advise on matters related to:
- projects based on the use of new technologies, in particular, outsourcing projects, transfers of technology, implementation of IT systems and licensing computer programs;
- disputes about Internet domains;
- providing legal advice to potential and actual users of copyrights and the related ones, extensively exploiting pieces of work protected with legal and copyrights;
- negotiating with the trustees’ rights;
- assistance in obtaining a license to use the works on new fields; exploitation (IPTV, video on demand, streaming and the like), and with the collective management organisations;
- advice on the protection of industrial property, unfair competition and proceedings related to such protection.